Integrating Your School Information System Data or Routing Data
UniteGPS Crosswalk K-12 Integration and Implementation
This information is for new UniteGPS Crosswalk K-12 customers that are working with the UniteGPS team to set-up their account. The implementation of your solution from this point forward will be very fast and efficient. Once your devices are installed most of your solution will be implemented in a few days provided we have the data required.
Step 1: Download the UniteGPS implementation data excel form above. The form contains eight tabs that you may need to complete depending upon which parts of the solution you are implementing. You will need to complete all columns in green.
- Tab 1: Vehicles - Vehicle Number or name and the CAN type. The CAN type information is found in the vehicle manual and will allow us to set the correct program to read the engine control unit data from the vehicle.
- Tab 2: Routes - Provide the names of your routes for example: Route 11 AM, Route 11 PM, Rooute 11 Mid Day. We need the number or name of the vehicle that is currently assigned to the route so we can set-up your baseline routes and stops. We need the start and end time of each route and which schools or other destinations are served for each route. Only districts that are planning to implement student tracking or use turn-by-turn directions need to complete the driver field.
- Tab 3: Users - This is a list of the system users that need immediate access to the system. Most districts will have a few administrative users and will add other users types after the system is up and running. You may add users yourself under the Manage Users feature within an Admin account. Crosswalk K-12 allows the following user types: Administrator, Staff, Driver, Parent, and Mechanic.
- Tab 4: Schools & Destinations - We need the names and address of each school, destination or address of drivers that bring their vehicle home since these locations serve as critical departure and arrival waypoints. Ideally, if you provide the exact latitude and longitude for each your routes will be more precise. To obtain the latitude and longitude we suggest using Google Maps satellite view to zoom in and right clicking on a precise location and selecting "what's here" from the mini menu will reveal the latitude and longitude.
Complete Tab 5 only if you plan to implement student tracking or turn-by-turn directions. Otherwise you will not need to provide this information.
- Tab 5: Students - Provide the First Name, Last Name, School, Student ID, Address, City, State, Zip and email if available.
Complete Tab 6 only if you plan to invite parents to use the mobile app for parents in the next 45 days. Otherwise you will not need to provide this information.
- Tab 6: Parents - Provide the student IDs associated with the parent in column 1. So if the parent has three students with student IDs 28, 418 and 912 the student ID column for the parent will show "28, 418, 912." We use this information to associate each student with the parent. Otherwise, please provide the parents First Name, Last Name, your district nunber, "Parent" as user type, phone number and language if applicable. UniteGPS is able to issue invitations to parents in multiple languages.
Complete Tab 7 and Tab 8 only if you current use a routing program that has this information. Otherwise you will not need to provide this information.
- Tab 7: Stops - Provide a list of all bus stops, a unique ID for each bus stop is available, and the longitude and latitude of each stop.
- Tab 8: Students by Stop - Provide the student ID, Bus Stop name and unique stop ID if available.
Step 2: Your devices will be activated, shipped and you will received an email listing all of your your devices and which vehicle we have assigned to that device.
Step 3: UniteGPS will coordinate with your team or if you elected professional installers we will coordinate with them to assure correct installation, network connectivity, and GPS accuracy. Here is a link to our installation guide for the ATrack AK11 device.
Step 4: Routes and Stops: Once the vehicles run their regular routes our team will create your baseline routes and stops. This process normally takes 1 to 3 days depending upon the size of your fleet.
Step 5: Once your routes are complete UniteGPS will schedule a kick off call. The purpose of the call is to begin getting your team engaged with the system, open lines of communication, plan implementation of additional features and schedule a series of training sessions.
Our team looks forward to serving you and your district!
Christopher BunnellChief Executive Officer